How to connect your Ambient Lockit / NanoLockit boxes to an ALEXA Mini LF and make the camera accept the external Timecode (LTC) source.
- Turn on you Lockit devices. Choose one of them to be the Master by pressing-and-holding the green button.
- Make sure that all cameras, audio recorders and Lockit devices are running at the same frame rate. For the lockits, you can set the frame rate in the display menu (press red and green at the same time) - for the cameras, look for the "Project Rate" in the settings.
- To ensure that all clips are in perfect sync, a Lockit box must be attached to each camera and audio recorder during the entire shoot - connected with the fitting cable. In this case: TC-IO
- Then navigate to the timecode menu of the camera. In the options select “Free Run” Timecode and as a mode choose “Regen”.
- Now the camera the camera will accept our external LTC Timecode Signal and show it in the display.