How to connect your Ambient Lockit / NanoLockit boxes to a Sony FX 9 and make the camera accept the external Timecode (LTC) source?
- Turn on all your Lockit devices, choose one of them to be the Master Clock.
- Then press-and-hold the green button to send timecode and framerate through ACN.
- Make sure that all cameras, audio recorders and Lockit devices are running at the same frame rate. For the Lockit boxes, you can set the frame rate in the display menu (press red and green at the same time) - for the cameras, look for the "Project Rate" in the settings.
- To ensure that all clips are in perfect sync, a Lockit box must be attached to each camera and audio recorder during the entire shoot - connected with the fitting cable. In this case: LTC-OUT
- Switch the camera’s timecode interface to "In" – as you want to feed in timecode.
- In the camera’s advanced menu – which will require a long press on the menu button – navigate to TC/Media, then Timecode. Select “Free Run” Timecode and as a mode choose “Preset” (yes “Preset” and not “Regen” as you might expect)
- Now the camera accepts the external TC source – indicated by the “EXT-LK” sign above the TC.
- For safety it’s always a good idea to compare the TC on the camera display with the display on your Lockit.
Too see how this works in Action watch our Tutorial video: https://youtube.com/shorts/zrtbhJa2lbI